In 1929 at a meeting in St James Church 126 members voted to remain part of the United Free Church. Being in the minority they had to leave the building.
In March 1930 a Continuing Congregation of the United Free Church met in the masonic hall, and their first minister was Rev. Neil McKillop. They met there from 1930-1932 when the congregation moved to the Town Hall, where they worshipped until 1937. During that time they worked hard to raise money to build a new United Free Church.
On the 29th September 1937 the new church costing £2000 was opened. The minister was the Rev George Lewis. The manse was purchased in 1948 and in 1961 the hall was opened.
The Church has had 11 ministers, including our current minister, serve it since 1930.